1839Primrose Cottage was the first permanent residence constructed in Roswell. Built for Eliza King Hand, a daughter of town founder Roswell King, the home features a hand-turned fence executed by an English craftsman. The house was designed by Connecticut architect Willis Ball who also designed the Roswell Presbyterian Church. The church was organized at Primrose Cottage. The home was purchased in 1853 by George H. Camp who was Roswell's first postmaster and succeeded Barrington King as the president of the Roswell Manufacturing Company. A later resident was "Nap" Rucker, a knuckleball pitcher for the Brooklyn Dodgers in the early 1900s. He served as Mayor of Roswell in the 1930s.
|Placed By||The Roswell Historical Society|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 22nd, 2017 at 4:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 743449 N 3767138|
|Decimal Degrees||34.01666667, -84.36361667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 34° 1', W 84° 21.817'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||34° 1' 0" N, 84° 21' 49.02" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||404, 678, 770|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling South|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 648-674 Mimosa Blvd, Roswell GA 30075, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.