Captain F.B. Severs erected the original Severs Block Building, with its historic Gothic entrance at Main Street and Broadway, in 1890 to house the newly organized First National Bank of Muskogee, Indian Territory.
Between 1901 and 1903 the Building was extended along Broadway to Second Street, allowing space for retail, professional and at one time, one of the busiest Cotton exchanges in the United States.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places
"Prepared in cooperation with The Historic Preservation Commission of Muskogee, Oklahoma, December 1989."