This Bell was used at Tetonia School in the North End of Teton Valley.
In the valley there were 19 communities with schools before they consolidated to the three towns; Tetonia, Driggs, and Victor.
Tetonia town site was laid out and officially recorded on November 3, 1910. With the advent of the arrival of the Oregon Short Line Railroad, Haden, a town one and half miles to the west, was dismantled and moved to Tetonia.
A yellow brick school building with three rooms was started and was to be finished in fall of 1913 but by January 1914 one room was finished, all eight grades of students being taught in one room with one teacher by the name of Mr. Hunter. The fall of 1914 the second room was ready to move into. It wasn't until the fall of 1919 the third room was finished - three grades in each of the two rooms and 2 grades in the third room. Another class room was added later up stairs.
The school house had electricity, coal wood burning stoves in each classroom. No indoor plumbing but outside restrooms were provided. Drinking water was pumped from a recently dug well. There were blackboards, a few maps on the walls, and very few books.
September 1935 the school was temporarily closed for remodeling which included an enlarged basement, new furnace and indoor restrooms. The school classes were temporarily held
in Hastings Drugstore. (Later known as Rammells Store)
As the student populace grew the old Richvale schoolhouse, which was closed in 1944, was moved to Teutonic to take care of the overflow and was used from 1946-1948. At this time the school patrons decided to construct the new Tetonia School. The students moved into new school the fall of 1951. The old yellow brick building was tore down in 1953.