Built in 1911, The Yellow Pine Mining Company Railroad was a twelve and a half mile long narrow gauge railroad connecting the town of Goodsprings with the Union Pacific Railroad here in Jean. The railroad was built using materials from the defunct Quarter Mine Railroad in Searchlight, Nevada. The Yellow Pine Mining District covered the area around Goodsprings and the Sandy Valley area. The primary ores mined were zinc and lead. Other mines produced gold, silver, platinum, palladium, copper, vanadium, molybdenum, nickel, cobalt and uranium.The district went through several booms and busts and by 1930 the Railroad was out of business. The rails were torn up in 1934 but the right-of-way can still be seen along the road between Jean and Goodsprings.