Beatty's first and only cemetery, the Desert Hills Cemetery dates back to the beginning of the community. Named for Montillus " Old Man" Beatty, the town was the center of the Bullfrog Mining District. The mining district got it's start with a strike by Shorty Harris and Ed Cross on August 4, 1904. The green colored ore they found led to the Bullfrog name for the mine and the district. Beatty boasted plenty of water, a great need in the desert, a significant hotel, the Montgomery, a newspaper, the Bullfrog Beatty Miner and, stores, saloons, and other stops for miners and travelers. Beatty has been a transportation center having hosted three railroads in its early days, and is now a getaway to Death Valley.
Dedicated to the first, last and all who rest here. Their strength is the foundation of our community.