The Circle T Ranch was established by J. Glenn Turner, a prominent Texas attorney in 1952. Mr. Turner was an avid outdoorsman and rancher who raised Black Angus and Charolaise cattle, as well as Tennessee Walking horses. Being a successful competitive rider, he became president of the Tennessee Walking Horse Breeders Associations of America in 1952. To avoid annexation of the Circle T Ranch by another town, Mr. Turner and his neighbors incorporated the Town of Westlake in December 1956. Mr. Turner continued to be engaged in the development of Westlake until he sold the Circle T Ranch to Nelson Bunker Hunt in 1969. Mr. Hunt developed a very successful horse breeding and racing operation on the ranch and won Outstanding Breeder awards in 1976, 1985 and 1987. In 1993, the Circle T Ranch was sold to H. Ross Perot, Jr. In the late 1990's Hillwood, a Perot company, added residential and commercial development with Vaquero and Fidelity Investments, and later with Deloitte in 2012.