In 1790, John Crawford and Phillip Mathews, Burke Circuit preachers, organized a Methodist Society in the home of Joshua Hodges, Sr. In 1791, Union Meeting House became a frequent entry in Circuit records. In 1794, Union Trustees obtained from Screven Land Court a warrant for 100 acres, granted by State in 1824 to Nathaniel Hodges. In 1880, Union, New Hope and Eureka provided an early rural parsonage. By 1890, Union had helped found eight other churches. In 1990, Union United Methodist Church built a fellowship Hall beside the 1884 frame church beginning the third century of continuous service.