Organized from Union by Rev. Lewis Mayers, New Hope was Bulloch's second Methodist Church. 1804 trustees were David Kennedy, Josiah Everette, Jarvis Jackson, Burrell Whittington and William M. Kennedy: other leaders were Joseph Hodges, Eli Kennedy and Lydia Anciaux. Burke and Ohoopee Circuit records, oldest in South Georgia, were kept by these leaders. In 1806 William McGee Kennedy entered the itineracy; later William McCall Kennedy, F.M. Kennedy and H.A. Hodges. Leadership at home and in the connectional church distinguishes New Hope, preparing for her third century.