Hours: April to November 9:00-4:4:30
November to April 8:00 -4:30
Come upstairs to the National Park visitor center for information, park maps, exhibits, videos and more!
The Tamiami Trail
Things to see and do (From West to East)
Collier Seminole State Park
-Walking and bicycling trails, camping, canoeing and ranger-conducted actives. Fee charged.
- One mile walking and bicycling trail through marsh. Tower offers a panoramic view.
Faka Union Canal/Port of the Island Marina
- Good place for manatee viewing in the winter.
Big Cypress Bend
- One mile round-trip boardwalk into an old growth cypress forest. Good wildlife viewing opportunities.
Janes Scenic Drive
- Unpaved road in Fakahatchee Stands Preserve State Park.
Numerous hiking and bicycling trails. Ranger-led programs in winter.
Florida Panther National Wildlife Refuge
- Refuge protects habitat for the endangered Florida panther. 1/3-mile long wheelchair accessible loop trail and 1.3-mile long trail open to the public.
Big Cypress Swamp Welcome Center
- A film and interactive exhibits explain the diversity within the Big Cypress Swamp. Manatee viewing in the winter.
River Road & Birdon Road
- These gravel roads form a U-shaped, 17-mike drive through predominantly open grass prairie dotted with slash pine and bald cypress.
H.P. Williams - Picnic Area
- Excellent for alligator viewing and bird watching.
- One mile round-trip wheelchair accessible boardwalk into a cypress dome:
- The 26-mile unpaved scenic drive passes through the heart of Big Cypress National Preserve.
Big Cypress National Preserve
- Oasis Visitor Center - A fill and exhibits explain the wonders of the Preserve. Alligator viewing, Hiking trails including a 35-mile portion of the Florida Scenic Trail. Ranger-led actives are offered in winter.
Shark Valley (Everglades National Park)
Narrated tram tours into the sawgrass prairie. Walking trails of varying lengths.Bicycle the 15-mile loop (big rentals viable). Excellent wildlife viewing. Ranger-led actives are offered in winter.
While you are Here ...
Discover the Visitor Center!
Visit the native plant and butterfly garden.
Seasonal Ranger Programs
Talks, nature walks, canoe, tours, and more offered in winter.
Explore the 10,000 Islands!
Explore by Canoe
Check upstairs for details and paddling
Explore by boat
Visit the Everglades National Park Boat Tours office for departure times, rates and tickets.
Explore by foot
Boardwalk trails are minutes away along the Tamiami Trail.
Explore Everglades National Park by Canoe.
Sandfly Island Loop
Halfway creek and Turner River