This Neo-Gothic church was dedicated on May 15, 1927, Detroit architect W. E. N. Hunter designed the limestone structure, which contains stained-glass windows by the Willet Studios of Philadelphia, Pewabic tile from Detroit and wood carvings by German carver Alois Lang. The tower houses a forty-seven-bell carillon. In 1962 the education wing was erected. The church was dedicated to the founders, who organized the nondenominational Grosse Pointe Protestant Evangelical Church on September 7, 1865. In 1867 the first church was erected at Kerby Road and Lake Shore Drive. A stone and wood-frame building, referred to as the "ivy-covered church," was built on this site in 1894. In 1920 the congregation reorganized as a Presbyterian church.