New York City Historic District"This house and the adjoining house at No. 78 were constructed as a pair in 1839 by builder William W. Berwick, who lived at No. 78, owned both houses until 1852. Both were designed in the Greek Revival style of the period. The upper story and elevator were added in 1919 when John Philip Sousa(1854-1932), the noted composer and band leader, acquired the house."
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, July 29th, 2017 at 4:01am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18T E 584446 N 4509484|
|Decimal Degrees||40.73196667, -73.99995000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 40° 43.918', W 73° 59.997'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||40° 43' 55.08" N, 73° 59' 59.82" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||646, 718, 917, 212, 516,|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling East|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 76 Washington Pl, New York NY 10011, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.