The Harding Hospital, initially called the Columbus Rural Rest Home, was founded in 1916 by Dr.George T. Harding II, MD (1878-1934) and his associates, many of whom shared his commitment to service and his Seventh-Day Adventist Christian faith. The psychiatric treatment center moved to Worthington in 1920. The hospital's goal was to provide treatment with attention to the patient's physical, mental, social and spiritual needs. The program, with emphasis on relational issues and psychotherapy, drew patients from across Ohio and beyond. In 1936 a residency program in psychiatry was started and educational programs for other mental health professionals followed. The campus' beauty contributed to its being a place of healing for many. Since 1999, Harding Hospital has been a part of The Ohio State University's Wexner Medical Center.