This historic building is the last of several small hotels built during Lakewood's resort era in the late 19th century. Economical for people who could not afford the luxury hotels. Also hired help from larger hotels would lodge here. Rooms on the two upper floors, served by open balconies typical of lakeside architecture, may have also been housing for employees of the large hotels nearby, as well as visitors to the area. When the need for hotel facilities disappeared in the early 20th century, the upstairs rooms were converted into apartments which remain to this day. The first floor has been occupied by a colorful variety of small businesses over the years. A barber shop, a pool room, a sport shop, Niagara Mohawk offices, a plumber, a dry cleaner, a dog groomer, fabric and yarn shops and George Barone's drug store with the soda fountain are among those that preceded the present occupants. Picture depicts front of Lakewood Drug store with Italian marble fountain and stools. Set of booths served customers and high school students flavored Cokes, phosphates, sodas & sundays. The store is located in front southwest corner. Looking west down Altaway is Ogilvies Garage and brick building housing. Paul Sorgs horses, elaborate stables burned in 1910, all horses were saved.