Ford was used by Indians, Fur Tappers and Mountain Men. About 1853 Ben Hampton and Wm. Godbe operated a ferry for emigrant traffic. The site became a "home station" successively for stages of Oliver & Conniver, Ben Holladay, and Wells-Fargo. About 1866 Hampton, Godbe, Alvin Nichols, Sr., Mark Bigler and others erected the toll bridge. stage barns, and rock hotel. The bridge was acquired by Box Elder County in 1883. In 1906 the rails reached Malad and traffic through here declined. The station remains one of the best preserved of all the stage stops in the Old West.