(Bronco)Established in 1872 as Bronco, this railroad wood stop became a noted ice and lumber center and was renamed in 1891. The Floriston Pulp and Paper Company built the present town after 1899 and operated one of the world's largest pulp mill through 1930. It paper products and ice helped California's agricultural industry feed the hungry of the world.
|Series||This marker is part of the E Clampus Vitus series|
|Placed By||E Clampus Vitus, Chief Truckee Chapter No. 3691|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, July 8th, 2017 at 3:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||10S E 756414 N 4364964|
|Decimal Degrees||39.39610000, -120.02240000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 39° 23.766', W 120° 1.344'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||39° 23' 45.96" N, 120° 1' 20.64" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling East|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 10327 Floriston Way, Floriston CA 96111, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.