1910Built by Kansas City, Mexico & Orient Railway as passenger and freight station, in area where Chief Quanah Parker's Comanches prayed and rolled in gypsum, believing it was healing dust. Later, Santa Fe Station. Site of holdups and shooting. Has bullet holes, but escaped a 1935 fire that burned entire town. Retired from use, 1959; was moved via Highway 287 to its present site.
|Placed By||Texas Historical Commission|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, July 1st, 2017 at 3:03pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||14S E 433528 N 3794066|
|Decimal Degrees||34.28566667, -99.72221667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 34° 17.14', W 99° 43.333'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||34° 17' 8.4" N, 99° 43' 19.98" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling East|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 3312 E 11th St, Quanah TX 79252, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.