The first burial in Mt. Zion Cemetery took place in 1852, one year after the church was constructed. It is the grave of Thomas H.A. Lynn, who died June 11, 1852. The stone was erected sometime after 1855.
There are over 300 graves in the cemetery, some of whom were members of Mt. Zion and other who were not. About 60 graves have been located outside the south wall, in what is believed to have been an African American Burial ground. Only two of those graves have inscribed markers.
Buried here at Mt. Zion is a veteran of the War of 1812, Robert Coe. Also interred here are thirteen Confederate Soldiers. In the southwest corner of the cemetery, twelve markers have been put in place to honor the Union soldiers who died at the Battle of Mt. Zion on July 6, 1864.
The cemetery is owned and cared for by Mt. Zion Cemetery of Aldie, Inc. It is still in use.