Vintage 1870This winery, once known as one of the finest cellars in the State, was erected by Mr. G. Groezinger in 1870. The winery stands on part of the original land grant made to Salvador Vallejo by the government of Mexico in 1838. Vintner Groezinger purchased a portion of the land from the George C. Yount Estate for 250 dollars in United States gold coin. The boundary originally included that portion of the village of Yountville that lies south of Madison Street. The winery was in used from 1870 to 1954. During the 100 years that the buildings have had very little alteration and most of the original ones stand here on this 20 acre site.
|Placed By||Native Sons of the Golden West, Napa Parlor No. 62 and Holderman Parlor No. 316|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, May 20th, 2017 at 1:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||10S E 555707 N 4250600|
|Decimal Degrees||38.40190000, -122.36200000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 38° 24.114', W 122° 21.72'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||38° 24' 6.84" N, 122° 21' 43.2" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling South|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 6519 Washington St, Yountville CA 94599, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.