TD-9 International Harvester Tractor with Bucyrus Erie Blade
International Harvester (IH) began manufacturing tractors in 1909. From 1939 to 1959, IH produced the TD-9 tractor. IH built 59,800 of these models, which it produced at it's factory in Melrose Park, Illinois. Originally, farmers used these tractors for field work, however the U.S. military began employing the TD-9 as a light tractor during World War II. The Seabees used the TD-9, along with other brands of light tractors, to build the Navy's bases throughout the Pacific Theater during the Second World War.
Donated by Milton E. Goodhart