—Elvis Presley Monument Plaques —In 1947, Elvis lived at the North end of Green Street, not far from here. Mayhorn Grocery previously occupied this space, and Elvis would walk to the store and sit on the porch listening to the blues. It was also here that he heard the sounds of black gospel music sung in the church across the street.
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.
|Placed By||The Tupelo Convention & Visitors Bureau|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, April 16th, 2017 at 1:01am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 342820 N 3793227|
|Decimal Degrees||34.26833333, -88.70733333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 34° 16.1', W 88° 42.44'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||34° 16' 6" N, 88° 42' 26.4" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling North|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 582-698 N Green St, Tupelo MS 38804, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|