The Cremer Hotel was completed in 1876 to house, feed & entertain the laborers who massed to the San Lorenzo Valley when Redwood logging began in the late 19th century. Gambling, loose women and liquor flowed freely within its redwood-framed walls, occasionally erupting into news worthy brawls between patrons or the violent murder of a staff member. The series of devastating fires that burned much of Felton miraculously spared the Cremer Hotel, earning it the title of the oldest surviving structure in downtown Felton.
Through the years, the building has been used as a Hollywood film set, an industrial apiary, a hobby shop, a drug store, a beauty salon, and supposedly a hooch house. Today the building houses the Cremer House Restaurant and upholds the tradition of feeding and entertaining Felton locals.