The Carpenters' Home was the retirement home for members of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America from 1929 to 1976. The Union completed the purchase of the 1,684 acre site in April 1924. Costing $632,393, the site included 594 acres of citrus groves. The purchase of additional citrus groves brought the total land owned to almost 2,000 acres. The Carpenters' Home was dedicated on October 1, 1928, and officially opened March 14, 1929. The home could accommodate up to 400 residents and included a lounge, library, dining room, hospital, and auditorium. In addition to the resident building, there was a power house, garage, laundry, and water tower.Amenities for the residents included movies in the auditorium, a recreation hall, a golf course, a fishing dock, and facilities for outdoor games such as shuffleboard. The Carpenters' Home closed in 1976, and the building later served as a church school for many years. In 2011, the building was abandoned and fell into disrepair. In 2016, the building was rehabilitated with much of its original character and then returned to its former use as a senior living community.