The Log house

The Log house (HM1W1R)

Location: Columbus, OH 43230 Franklin County
Country: United States of America

N 40° 1.0556', W 82° 52.7105'

  • 1 likes
  • 1 check ins
  • 4 favorites
  • 212 views
Inscription

David Shull 1840

The Log House: Built in half dovetail construction by traveling German craftsman with mud and hair chinking. House was moved from Cherrybottom Road in1973.
Details
HM NumberHM1W1R
Series This marker is part of the series
Tags
Historical Period19th Century
Historical PlaceHome
Marker TypeHistoric Home
Marker ClassHistorical Marker
Marker StyleMounted
Year Placed1973
Placed ByGahanna Historical Society
Marker Condition
10 out of 10 (1 reports)
Date Added Thursday, December 1st, 2016 at 9:31pm PST -08:00
Pictures
Photo Credits: [1] ROBIN LATOSKI AKA BIRDYJPIX  
Locationbig map
Directions InformationLog cabin is located at 95 S. High St. in Gahahnna. Cabin is on the right hand side when turning off of Granville Road. S. hi street dead ends shortly after the log cabin.
Location DescriptionLog cabin is located at 95 S. High St. It is on the right hand side when turning off of Granville Road.
UTM (WGS84 Datum)17T E 339687 N 4431400
Decimal Degrees40.01759369, -82.87850842
Degrees and Decimal MinutesN 40° 1.0556', W 82° 52.7105'
Degrees, Minutes and Seconds40° 1' 3.3373" N, 82° 52' 42.6303" W
Driving DirectionsGoogle Maps
Area Code(s)614
Can be seen from road?No
Is marker in the median?No
Which side of the road?Marker is on the right when traveling South
Closest Postal AddressAt or near 101 S High St, Columbus OH 43230, US
Alternative Maps Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap

Is this marker missing? Are the coordinates wrong? Do you have additional information that you would like to share with us? If so, check in.

Check Ins  check in   |    all

I Saw The Marker

The marker is not freestanding. There is a mounted marker on the left side of the front door with the historical description. At the back door, another marker is mounted: Log House 1840 of David Shull.
The walnut tree that sits on the right side of the log house and has a marker mount that states it was planted and 1873.
As mentioned in an earlier description, House was moved from Cherrybottom Road to this location in 1973. This would mean that the walnut tree was at this location exactly 100 years prior to the log house.

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:07am PST by birdyj9

Comments 0 comments

Maintenance Issues
  1. This marker could use another picture or two.