(Circa 1893)Originally called Orange City because it was the site of the principal orange orchards of Lafourche Parish. After the "Chenier Caminada" Hurricane of 1893, survivors settled Missville and Cote des Elies. Cote des Elies was renamed Leeville in honor of Pierre Charles Lee and his wife Rosalie Albarado. Sometime after building of the 1908 bridge over Bayou Lafourche, the name Leeville was applied to the entire settlement. In 1938, Leeville became the oil producing capitol of Lafourche Parish with 297 producing wells.
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, November 27th, 2016 at 1:01pm PST -08:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||15R E 770715 N 3239690|
|Decimal Degrees||29.25711667, -90.21423333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 29° 15.427', W 90° 12.854'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||29° 15' 25.62" N, 90° 12' 51.24" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling South|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 24214 Old Louisiana 1, Golden Meadow LA 70357, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.