Railroad DepotFrom 1858 to 1871, Pilot Knob was the terminus of the St. Louis & Iron Mt. Railroad. During the war the supply depot located here supplied Union outposts at Patterson, Centerville, Farmington and Fredericktown. The road to Middlebrook ran alongside the railroad between Cedar and Oak mountains. Slayback's regiment camped near the road on the night of the 27th to guard against any attempts by the Union army to evacuate the fort and escape by this route.
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, October 29th, 2016 at 1:02pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||15S E 708554 N 4166641|
|Decimal Degrees||37.62325000, -90.63680000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 37° 37.395', W 90° 38.208'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||37° 37' 23.7" N, 90° 38' 12.48" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling North|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 118 S Bogy St, Ironton MO 63650, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.