Built: Spring of 1886 Foundation: Rock
Building Size: 80 x 33 Feet - 16 Foot Ceiling
Flooring: Best Quality Wood Available
Constructed: By the Sons of Joseph Raycraft
Joseph, acting as a wagon master for 300 souls, headed west with his family from Missouri in 1863. The Raycraft Family located in Genoa, Nevada Territory, that same year. The family opened a hotel business. A livery stable and freight business were added later. In 1886 the family began construction of the Raycraft Hall located opposite their Hotel. A dedication ball was held June 4th, 1886. A first class orchestra was engaged and the ticket price of $3.00 included and excellent supper at the Raycraft Exchange (Hotel).
On April 5, 1941, a deed was recorded from Annie Raycraft to the unincorporated town of Genoa for the hall and property. The building has since been referred to as the "Genoa Town Hall". The hall, maintained by the town, is used for community activities such as the annual "Candy Dance", political and civic debates, election polls, theater groups, funerals, receptions, etc.