—311 East Lake Street —The Montgomery Sisters occupied this tin-fronted building after they moved here in 1919 from their Petoskey Midway location. Gertrude and Mae Montgomery were widely known for their eclectic merchandise. They sold fancy goods and art pieces in this location for over forty years. In 1998 William and Marietta Shorter restored the building to its original character. J.W. Shorter and Son Mercantile opened as a specialty shop here in 1998.
|Placed By||Little Traverse Historical Society|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 18th, 2016 at 9:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16T E 659987 N 5026647|
|Decimal Degrees||45.37506667, -84.95671667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 45° 22.504', W 84° 57.403'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||45° 22' 30.24" N, 84° 57' 24.18" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling West|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 309 E Lake St, Petoskey MI 49770, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.