—307 East Lake Street —This building was named for business partners Guleserian and Altoonjian, formerly of Armenia. Their Persian Bazaar had been relocated from the waterfront Midway to this downtown location. The second floor was leased for the Petoskey Normal and Business College, founded in 1888. Other retail occupants have included Mrs. Pearl Cutting, a well-loved seller of women's clothing in the 1950s and 1960s. Mclean and Eakin Booksellers enhanced the building's Neo-Classic Revival facade which features piers with decorative capitals between the windows.
|Placed By||Little Traverse Historical Society|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 18th, 2016 at 9:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16T E 659971 N 5026647|
|Decimal Degrees||45.37506667, -84.95691667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 45° 22.504', W 84° 57.415'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||45° 22' 30.24" N, 84° 57' 24.9" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling West|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 305 E Lake St, Petoskey MI 49770, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.