The Historic National Road in OhioThe village of Hebron lost its first mill to a fire in 1881. By the mid 1880's, a new mill took its place and continued operation into the 1990's, making it the longest running business in Hebron. by 1891, the Hebron Mill converted from water power to a 35 horsepower engine to drive the milling processes. The mill relied upon the Ohio & Erie Canal and the National Road as transportation for shipping raw materials and finished products. The mill operated both as a grist mill and sawmill.
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17S E 372853 N 4424587|
|Decimal Degrees||39.96188333, -82.48868333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 39° 57.713', W 82° 29.321'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||39° 57' 42.78" N, 82° 29' 19.26" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling West|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 201-323 US-40, Hebron OH 43025, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.