James Cummings Hallmark led in organizing and building the church about 1850. In 1854, George Shotwell deeded three acres of land, including the church house and cemetery, to the trustees of Pleasant Hill Methodist Church, South.
The first church was a one room log building. In 1882, a second log church was erected in front of the original structure and functioned as the church and school. It was moved to the northwest corner of the cemetery when a third building was erected in 1902. Church members cut trees from their farms for the lumber to build the third building. Vandiver Sanders,, a carpenter, supervised the construction. The administrative board members, then called stewards, were G.B. Burttram, R.G. Cleary, Owen Hulbert, Bob Ingle, and Tom McCullogh.
In 1936-37, Rev. J.H. McKnight, also a carpenter, supervised the construction of two wings. Three Sunday School rooms and a basement were added in 1950, supervised by Alford Holderfield. In 1961, a vestibule and steeple were added under the supervision of R.C. Burnett and T.R. Tinsley with moneys raised raised by the Senior M.Y.F. In the steeple was a bell donated by Mr. and Mrs. Maurice Dean.
This church building was removed in 1979 after completion of the current brick building across the cemetery. The church fathers' faith in Christ lives in the