Carillon Park owes its existence to the
generosity of Col, and Mrs. Edward A. Deeds.
The carillon - built of granite, steel, and
limestone - - reaches skyward for an impressive
151 feet. The gift of Mrs. Deeds, it was
dedicated August 23, 1942, following
completion of the carillon. Col. Deeds provided for the creation of a park museum
containing exhibits relating to Dayton and
the development of transportation. The
sixty- five acre park is administered by
Education and Musical Arts, Incorporated,
a subsidiary of the Dayton Foundation.