The Sell/Schonsheck House, standing in its original location, was built circa 1900 by George W. Sell. The Sell family moved to Taylor in 1871 and farmed eighty acres of land. The produce was shipped by horse-drawn wagon to the Wyandotte market. Timber was culled on part of the property, and, at one time, a sawmill was located near the site. The bell atop the house, a replica of the original, was used to signal mealtimes, emergencies and the end of the farmhand's workday. The house and property were purchased with a grant from the Michigan Land Trust Fund.