This cemetery, a part of the Jose Joaquin Estudillo land grant, became the property of two pioneer San Lorenzo farmers, John Lewelling and William Meek in 1863. The first burial of record was April 10, 1853. Between 1854 and 1863 the number of burials increased and it became more difficult to identify the grave sites. It was evident an organization was necessary to supervise and maintain the property. In February 27, 1864 the San Lorenzo Cemetery Association was formed to purchase the property, lay out plots, build fences and properly maintain the grounds. Dedicated on March 24, 1964 as a memorial park by the Alameda County Board of Supervisors.