A Morton Grove Historical SiteHarrer Park fronts on Dempster Street and reaches north to Park View School, covering some 20 acres of land. The park was named for George Harrer, the first president of the Village of Morton Grove. He helped organize the first local government and sent a request for a village charter to Springfield on October 24, 1895. The Charter of Incorporation was approved by the State of Illinois on December 24, 1895. George Harrer served as president for the next 14 years.
|Placed By||Morton Grove Historical Society|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, May 8th, 2016 at 9:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16T E 435225 N 4654654|
|Decimal Degrees||42.04126667, -87.78263333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 42° 2.476', W 87° 46.958'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||42° 2' 28.56" N, 87° 46' 57.48" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||847, 224|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling West|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near Fernald Ave, Morton Grove IL 60053, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.