Established in 1917 as part of the esteemed General Federation of Women's Clubs, The Blue Rock Community Club (BRCC) provided an important social and service-oriented outlet for women. Beginning with just 11 founding members, the Club became an anchor within Brandywine Hundred. Prior to the clubhouse construction in 1928, members met in their homes and other area locations. The cornerstone was laid in 1927 and donated by Jacob Wagner, builder of the clubhouse. In addition to hosting traditional events, educational programs, musical performances, and card parties, the Club also held festivities celebrating Halloween, Christmas, and Independence Day. The Club raised money and donations for the needy during the Great Depression, then worked with the Red Cross during World War II sponsoring blood drives. A tireless advocate for practical community needs and issues of statewide importance, the BRCC supported the construction of safe sidewalks and lobbied for the recognition of "Delaware Day" in 1933. The women also organized an international committee providing charitable initiatives for global issues. Speakers and lectures on a wide variety of issues rounded out it diverse selection of programs and events during the ensuing decades. By the 1990s, the Club's membership declined as increasing numbers of women entered the workforce. The building was sold, with remaining members meeting at local churches to conduct activities, lectures, and award college scholarships. Eventually, BRCC members merged with other local women's clubs to continue their community and charitable efforts.