Oldest congregation in Northwest Texas Conference of Methodist Church. First church of any denomination founded in Shackelford County. Organized in 1873 at ranch home (8 mi. E) of J.C. Lynch (1828-1912), a later county judge, after Shackelford was organized in 1874. At the request of Lynch, the Rev. Levi Collins (1827-1912) came here from the Weatherford circuit to meet with pioneers of the Methodist faith. The charter members were Peter, Mollie, and S.A. Gunsolus; Mr. and Mrs. Lynch; Elizabeth and Malinda McNutt. The Rev. William Manly was the first regular minister. By 1882, a small frame church had been erected on Schoolhouse Hill in Albany. After its loss in 1888 tornado, a second church was built on same site (1889), but relocated in 1909 on Main Street.
In 1913, under leadership of the Rev. O.P. Clark (born 1881), a red brick building with dome was erected at present site. Its auditorium was resplendent with gas lights, but outside there were still hitching racks.
Razed 1947, that building was replaced (1948) with present sanctuary and fellowship hall. Educational annex was constructed in 1957, to complete plant.
Membership in this church now numbers 334.