In 1907-08, to celebrate Tonopah's newfound prosperity, Geo Wingfield, Geo Nixon, Bob Govan and the Brougher Brothers collaborated to erect "The best hotel in Nevada". 1931 saw legalized gambling returned and a small casino was opened. 1956 new owners, the Shorts, spent $50,000 dollars on a newly enlarged casino and cocktail lounge. In 1976, Frank Scott, Pres. of the Scott Corp. of Las Vegas, purchased the property. Not long after, renovation was started as a "labor of love". February 1980 a grand reopening was held with Gov. Robert List officiating at the ribbon cutting. An elegant retreat into Nevada's past.