(Top Panel) "Old Main" was the administrative and academic center of the Bordentown Military Institute, which stood on this site from 1881 to 1972. BMI and "Old Main" stood as a testimonial that God, duty, honor and country are, and forever will be the most noble paths to follow. God Bless America. 19 October 1996 The BMI Alumni Association
(Bottom Panel) This Main Building a part of the estate of Joseph Bonaparte, ex-king of Spain, was built according to tradition about 1820 for his secretary Monsieur Louis Mailliard. Remodeled and enlarged in 1837 and again in 1881. It sheltered: 1837 The Spring Villa Seminary for Girls, conducted by Monsieur A. N. Girault; 1870 The New Jersey Collegiate Institute conducted by Edgar and Edwin Haas; 1881 Rev. William C. Bowen began here the Bordentown Military Institute; 1885 The Institute was reorganized by the Rev. Thompson H. Landon, D.D. and continued by him and his son Brigadier General Thomas D. Landon. This tablet presented by class of 1933.