"Sally Grant" is the familiar name of the Statue of Justice which was conceived in 1841 by John G. Howard, the architect of this Court House, and carved by William Holmes, a Brockville carpenter and builder. The eleven foot high figure, made of cedar, stood on the roof of this Court House from 1845 to 1956, at which time it was taken down for safety reasons. The statue was not immediately repaired nor re-erected on the building but remained in storage until 1962 when it was taken to Westport, Ontario and donated to the Rideau District Museum. In 1978, at the request of the board of the Rideau District Museum, "Sally Grant" underwent extensive repair and rebuilding at the Canadian Conservation Institute in Ottawa. The refurbished carving was then returned to Westport where it is on permanent display at the museum.During planning activities in 1981 for Brockville's Sesquicentennial, it was decided, with the co-operation of the Council of the United Counties of Leeds & Grenville, to have a replica of the original "Sally Grant" re-created for replacing on the Court House roof. This new statue or "Sally Grant II" was carved to the same dimensions as the original by sculptor Bob Kerr of Smiths Falls and set in place on the Court House roof as part of Brockville's Sesquicentennial celebrations.