At the turn of the 20th century, a group of Stanton-area residents who belonged to the Church of Christ met in homes and in the Stanton school for worship. In 1904, Brother Price Billingsley from Abilene led a gospel meeting that prompted the organization of a Stanton Church of Christ congregation; Judge Bailey Anderson and Will Akers were the first elders appointed. By 1906, the congregation had erected its first church building, which members moved to a second location in 1915. In 1944, the congregation purchased this site and built a third sanctuary. Members, active in their community, have served in church programs, which have included a radio program, mission work and assistance to other area congregations.