Early Methodists in Stanton shared a Union church building with area Baptists. In 1904, following a local revival, nine individuals formed a separate Methodist congregation. The Rev. J.A. Sweeney, a Conference-appointed pastor, came the next year. In 1907, the church built its first sanctuary. The membership grew, and churches in the nearby communities of Lenorah and Courtney merged into the congregation. During its first century, the congregation added new facilities to accommodate growing needs, and church activities included a women's group, music ministries, youth fellowship, and other educational and outreach programs.