The "pole construction" building, now the park office, is shown here in its original location on Culver Road. The building originally served as a pavillion at the end of the trolley line. Later it was enclosed, became a restaurant and then a gift shop. By the late 1950's the building was "lifted up", turned 90 degrees and attached to "Pat's Stand" - the main refreshment stand. Before the building was moved, the spot was the turnaround for the trolley and the midway was a station (insert). As cars became more commonplace, the 25 cent parking lots filled with Model T's and later coupes. The 1960's photo of Pat's Stand (insert) reminds us of salt water taffy, Richardson's Root Beer barrels, "Rickeys" for a dime at the soda fountain, candy apples, and Tobin's Arpeako hot dogs.