The site of this cemetery, being one of the highest spots in east Ascension Parish, was used to bury those who died during crevasses. About the year 1785, Joseph Dupuy donated it as a non-sectarian cemetery, including slaves and Indians.Three sisters
Joseph Dupuy, a bachelor, had the following immediate relatives:
Celeste Dupuy, wife of Leon Duplessis,
Mrs. John Parent, and
Mrs. Stanislas Braud.
The above information was given by L.B. "Cap" Duplessis, a descendent of the above donor.