Built in 1901 by Irish immigrants, Edward and Mary Flavin to continue their established Flavin Grocery. The upper loft was their residence. In 1917, the grocery passed to their daughter and son-in-law Margaret & James M. (Jim) Browne, Sr. The name was changed to J. R. Browne Grocery. In 1957, the grocery passed to grandson, James R. (Bob) Browne, Jr., and his wife Marjorie. In 1981, the store began operation as Browne's Market by great-granddaughter, Kerry Browne and partner, John McClain. The three building complex, owned by grandson, Edward J. Browne and Mrs. James R. (Bob) Browne, Jr., was designated as and historic landmark in 1983. The Flavin/Browne tradition continues to flourish.