Successor to Zion Baptist Church and the Liberty Hill Missionary Baptist Church of Christ, which merged 1854, and met in a brush arbor or in Silent Grove School, 4 miles to the west. When Austin & Northwestern Railroad was built, Liberty Hill moved here, and this church was organized (1882), with the Rev. J.A. Arbuckle as pastor. Members erected their building on this site given by the Rev. W.O. Spencer. Evangelism, Sunday school, and other endeavors have prospered. The present church building, in use since 1904, was renovated in 1950.