The Harrell Farm Log Cabin is estimated to date back to the mid-1800's and served as the cook's residence at the Harrell Farm. The Harrell farm was located along Harrell Road, in both Shelby and Fayette Counties, and the log cabin was located near what is now Interstate 40, which bisected the original farm of over 1,000 acres. In 1921, the family of William Jacob and Addie LaRue Harrell, II left their farm and moved to the Bone House, located along Forrest Street, taking the log cabin with them. The log cabin continued to serve as the cook's residence for many years. In 1991, Miss Addie Lee Harrell, daughter of William and Addie LaRue Harrell, gave permission to the Arlington Fire Department to burn the cabin as training for the then-volunteer fire department. However, at the last minute, the cabin was saved by a member of the Arlington Chapter of the Association for the Preservation of Tennessee Antiquities (APTA). The cabin was dismantled, each log was numbered, and the cabin was re-built at its current site. Although the cabin had a tin roof at the time it was rescued, to ensure the cabin maintained its historic character, the APTA replaced the tin roof with a shake roof in 2005.