This beautiful building was constructed in 1931 for use by civilian employees of the hospital (and their families) for social activities. Patients utilized the 'Seaman's Social Club' located just to the west of this building. In most aspects of life and even death, patients at the hospital were separated from the staff, except when duty required.
'Mr. Smith (Reverand Edward Smith, Protestant Chaplain) always had a party for every kid in Fort Stanton regardless of race, color, or creed on Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. He also played Santa Claus and sometimes, the week before Christmas personally delivered a present to every child at the fort.'
Jack C. Brooks, resident as a child