Ca. 1890Nick Kappas emigrated from Greece in 1913 and located in Roanoke. After the VPI vs. VMI annual football game in Roanoke, VPI cadets who frequented a restaurant where Kappas worked, persuaded him to move to Blacksburg to open his own business. He started the restaurant in 1921 in this building, and the business continues today. The restaurant had several different ofﬁcial names, but has always been called 'the Greek's' by its loyal customers. Today it is known as the Cellar Restaurant.
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, June 27th, 2015 at 10:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17S E 551881 N 4120647|
|Decimal Degrees||37.23090000, -80.41513333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 37° 13.854', W 80° 24.908'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||37° 13' 51.24" N, 80° 24' 54.48" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||540, 434|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling West|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 304 College Ave, Blacksburg VA 24060, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.