Of BronteThis congregation traces its history to the summer of 1890, when a small group of worshipers led by the Rev. J.W. Montgomery gathered under a brush arbor on East Kickapoo Creek to organize a church. Later that year the Rev. G.F. Fair became the pastor of the church, which met in an old schoolhouse. A sanctuary was built in 1907 and served the congregation until it was replaced by a new structure in 1951. Throughout its history this congregation, which became the first United Methodist church in 1968, has been involved in missionary activities.
|Placed By||Texas Historical Commission|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, April 12th, 2015 at 10:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||14R E 377647 N 3528377|
|Decimal Degrees||31.88463333, -100.29368333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 31° 53.078', W 100° 17.621'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||31° 53' 4.6800" N, 100° 17' 37.2600" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling South|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 300-398 S Washington St, Bronte TX 76933, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.