On July 17, 1912, the Glen Rock Musical Association purchased this property from Ben Abel with the intention of building a 500-seat auditorium. By the end of 1913 construction of the "Glen Rock Auditorium" was completed. The Item described it as a "splendid little opera house." Early on, one of America's greatest composers, Roland F. Seitz, was a part of the Musical Association's activities in this building.
The building was designed by local architect Joseph Dise, who along with Nathaniel Z. Seitz, founded the Musical Association in 1872. Dise introduced a main floor sloping toward the stage, a gallery taking up three sides of the building, a proscenium richly ornamented in design, and a hand-painted curtain containing local business advertisements.
On May 27, 1921, the Auditorium Company of Glen Rock was chartered and the building transferred to them. They operated the property until 1932 when Chalmers F. Sechrist leased the building to show movies. In 1935 Chalmers and Lottie Sechrist bought the property which by now was being called the Glen Theatre.
Over the years the Auditorium / Glen Theatre was also used for Glen Rock High School class plays, musicals, and commencement programs, as well as events held by many other local organizations. In 1967 the Sechrists sold the property to the Bortners who in 1975 sold the property to the Strausbaughs. As of 2013 the Glen Theatre is the county's last operational community movie theater outside of York City.